LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xyz (xyz)     09 December 2012

Broker doesnt return payment

I am from Pune and was interested in purchasing a flat in Bangalore.

Earlier this year in May'2012, I booked a flat in Bangalore. I had booked the flat through brokers who had thier office in IndiraNagar, Bangalore. Initially I was informed that LIC Housing will provide finance to buy the flat. I enquired at LIC Housing in Bangalore and they also informed me that they will provide finance for the flat.

This flat fell under land owner share and the broker had informed me the same. I paid 8 lacs towards sale agreement, 7 lacs in the land owner name and 1 lac in the brokers name.

After one month LIC housing informed me that they will not finance the flat as there was some dispute among the land owners. On hearing this I cancelled the sale agreement and demand refund of my payment. The land owner returned the 7 lacs which I had paid towards him, however the broker cheated me and has returned 1 lac till date. He issued 3 cheques at different times and all of them bounced. The brokers have now closed thier office and are not traceable. I know of 5-6 people whom they have cheated.

What should I do to recover the money? Can I file a cheque bounce case in my current city or should I file it in Bangalore only?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register