Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth   28 November 2017

Builder asking for part payment of final propertysettlement

Hi, 
I have purchased a flat in bangalore (new builder and only 12 units in 50*80 site), and Sale Deed Executed. final amount of 3 lakhs is pending, which has been mentioned in the Sale Deed along with Cheque number. And this needs to be given after the builder completes all the leftover/ pending work (minor fixes) and gives the Possession Certificate. 
Now , he is asking to release part payment of 1.5 lakhs and to hold the remaining, which can be given later, as he is facing a fund crunch, and not able to complete the pending work inside my apartment. 
In this case, can i give the amount, in NEFT transfer, and then get recepit and a letter on his letterhead, along with his signature (and all his 2 other partners) mentioning that he has no objection to this mode of payment, and he will accept the rest also by NEFT , and the cheque no. mentioned in Sale deed is no longer valid mode of payment. 
Also, do we need rectificaiton of Sale Deed in this Case.  (OR) is there any other solution to this. 

Sale Deed was done in July, and cheque was supposed to be paid on 29th September. but i have not released it to him, as pending work was not done. Cheque validity will also expire end of December. 

Thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register