Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Adv Abhishek Pednekar   15 October 2024

Fake advocates

Sir,

I was working in law firm under the capacity of senior legal associate as I use to look after all civil cases except GST and Custom case. As they were handled by our proprietor of the firm. However, I came to know later that our proprietor is non advocate and he has also violated the section 33 of advocate act, 1961. He not appeared in tribunals of GST and customs but also argued in the case. He is liable to get punished under section 45 of advocate act, 1961. The moment I came to know I decided to take help from my friends of our legal fraternity and so commitee members from the city civil court bar but none were interested...

Learning

4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 October 2024

Is he not enrolled with State Bar Council? First of all, ascertain this aspect. Please do not get excited over hearsay.

Sir,

He does not possess any law degree as he was personating from many years as advocate for his clients.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 October 2024

You can make a complaint against him not only with the bar council about his fake identity but also with the local police for this illegal act and the offence thereby.

You being an advocate yourself, you can give a complaint from your side itself since you are knowing the facts 

Yes Sir,

I have already informed them in the form of complaint letter addressing to Hon'ble Supreme Court, Hon'ble Bar Council of India, Hon'ble Bombay High Court, Hon'ble Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa & Bombay Bar association...I received revert from Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa stating that complaint is filed against the firm and show cause notice has been issued to the firm and its clients. I was asked to appear on the said date. I appeared and so from the  respondents end their advocate appeared. Arguments happened between me and opponent and bar council Maharashtra & Goa had told the opponents that we have checked in our records there is no name found.  The opponents took time to file reply on my complaint letter and next date was given, however when I appeared there advocate took discharged from the case and opponent again put an application for adjournment for week time. The hon' ble secretary told me that they are waiting for the opponent to file reply and once they file reply the Hon'ble Secretary will paas the order as the bar council of Maharashtra and Goa has confirmed the opponent is not an advocate. However, till date the opponent has not filed the reply. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register