Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vilas (Self)     03 December 2012

Builder pressuring for interest rate

Dear Sir,

I have taken a residential property in Pune. After that the Aggrement is done in Sep 2012, and I have paid the margin money ( 20 % of property cost in 4 days ) as per the property of the cost. Regarding payment of the rest of the amount I have immediately applied for Home Loan from SBI.

On very next day of aggrement builder has rasied the demand note via letter saying 80% work is completed and pay the amount in next 10 days else you will be changed with the interest of 18 % as per the aggrement clause. After that I have explained him, I have just applied the loan and it will take some time.

Simililarly, in the month of Nov he has again sent the letter that you have still not made the payment and we have understood from the SBI that your loan has been approved in Oct 2012. Now you will charged with the interest nearly 20,000 @ 18 % as per the agreement.

I was very much shocked and immediately called builder to explain him the fact that so far I have not received any communication from bank and also said how come you got this information, then he ( builder ) said,  that you have been called for the appointment by the bank but you did't turn up and we were present there that time in front of bank official. Fact remains that I was never called by the bank for the appointment.

Sir, I would like to share that builder is making false statements and trying to make pressure to get money by hook or crook.

After couple of days, I have received Loan Sanction letter from SBI dated 29th Nov 2012, after which I have taken appointment on 1st Dec 2012, and completed formalities / disbursemnt of the pending amount. I have intimated the same to Builder about disburment via SPEED POST.

Sir, now please guide me how I can fight with builder to save myself from paying Interest money. I am actually not at fault because bank has taken time to approve the loan and as soon as loan got sanction I have made the disbursement.

Kindly also share any such past instances and related judgement passed by Hon'le High Count or Supreme Count to save the consumer from such torture by the Builder.

I would be very greatful to you and very much appreciate you efforts to help the 'Common Man' whose value is very much diminished in today era.

Thanks again and with best regards.

Vilas

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register