LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gayathri (bde)     01 October 2013

Can a unmarried major girl file a case against their parents

i am a major, independent working women. I dont want to marry anybody in my life. my father passed away, i have one elder sister who is married and settled. I dont have proper terms with my mother and sister..But my mother is forcing me to get married and they say that they would give my share in property only if I get married.. All the property is my grandmothers (my mother's mother), my mother and my sister is not giving my share in property unless i get married, but this is a lie... they wanted to grab my share.Can i file a case against my mother and get my share?please suggest

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 October 2013

Who is the title of the property?  If your mother or sister have not taken away the property on their names, if the property still stands in the name of your deceased grandmother, you as a legal heir can file a partition suit, but see what is your status as far as your deceased grandmother is concerned.

gayathri (bde)     02 October 2013

Recently the house we stay has been changed to my mothers name but my grandmother hasn't written any will my grandmother has four daughters and so the house of them are separated and written in their daughters names ...is this an issue for me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register