Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pawan (Others)     22 March 2012

Can my wife file 498a against me

Hi,

My wife has filed 506,509 and 420 cases against me on 29th Feb 2012 and forced me to sing on the MCD. I have done that and she has compromised to those cases in Lok Adalat on 17th March 2012.

I am from hyderabad

I do not want to get divorced. If I say no to divorce after 6 months when we are called again by the court can she file 498a against me.

Can i take an antispatory Bail for that.

My family consists of Mom, dad, 2 sisters and thier husbands and one unmarried sister.

Can I actually get AB for all of them. If yes how much would that cost me.

Can she actually file 498 when se is not living with me as she has mentioned in the cases that we were never together.

Kindly advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     22 March 2012

If she has gone to such extremes seems the marriage is dead and no point stopping divorce and create problems let her go as even if divorce dont happen marriage would not work.

Aakash (CEO)     23 March 2012

I am surprised by the comments of a lawyer who is advising on not to have agreed to MCD but should have filed divorce on the ground of cruelty..is there something I don't know or its hard to understand the guy is not interested in going for divorce despite the fact he is trying to keep a dead marriage and ready to go thru hassels of AB and other stuff when he is being asked nicely(not very though) to live his life separately....

stanley (Freedom)     23 March 2012

Whats the point in continuing with a dead Marriage .She can file 498a or domestic violence anytime even after Divorce but she would have to prove all these in court .AB depends on your case and you have a right to it .Just as different lawyers chrage different fees so also for your AB your fees would vary from lawyer to lawyer :-)

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     23 March 2012

AB depends on many factors.

If you want to do something proactive, file for divorce.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register