LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   24 September 2024

Can non cognizable report can cause background verification failed in mnc

5 Months Ago my uncle filled NCR against me, because of internal family property issue, and police has applied 323, 504, 506 sanction in Non cognizable report against me, I have concernes because I'm working in IT industry  and I'm worried because of this ncr my background verification can failed in future? What can i do in this scenario, is there a way to remove my records from police station? 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2024

A non-cognizable report by the police may not be a cause for concern for a police verification certificate, as long as the complainant follows the proper procedures

The police can't investigate a non-cognizable offense without a magistrate's permission. The police will record an abstract of the complaint in the General Diary and advise the complainant to file the complaint in court.

The police involvement in non-cognizable offenses is limited, and the investigation process relies more on the complainant's cooperation.

It won't be a part in your verification as it is a petty case which won't be considered.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     25 September 2024

NCR cannot be lodged under the provisions of Section 323 / 504 / 506 IPC, accordingly it has to be a FIR.

Anonymous   25 September 2024

Thanks all for your response...

Also sir, do ncr data publicly available, or is it accessible to mnc in any how? 

Is there a way that i can remove my name from that ncr? 

I have one more question, ncr data is restricted to its police station only or the ncr data gets published to globally means if I stays in Mumbai then delhi police can access this ncr data? 

For your reference im attaching the steps followed by mnc to check criminal records.... Do you think because of this procedure performed by mnc, can i be caught? Will they able to get my ncr report? 

Please suggest I'm really worried. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register