LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     28 February 2010

Can you sell a dead donkey?

A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100.00. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the donkey died last night."

Kenny replied: "Well then, just give me my money back."

The farmer said: "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

Kenny said: "OK then, just unload the donkey.."

The farmer asked: "What ya gonna do with him?"
Kenny: "I'm going to raffle him off." (Note: To raffle is to sell a thing by lottery - draw lot - to a group of people each paying the same amount for a ticket)

Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

Kenny: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened with that dead donkey?" Kenny: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars apiece and made a profit of $898.00."

Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"
Kenny: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his two dollars."

Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of Enron.

Learning

5 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     28 February 2010

So Enron is making profits by making fools to Indian Ruling politicians?

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     28 February 2010

May I correct? Not fooling. But buying them off.

Daksh (Student)     02 March 2010

Mr.Raj Kumar Makkad and Mr.Anil Kumar Agarwal,

This is to bring to your notice that we (me and Suchitra) have decided to deduct five thousand points from both of your accounts for not seriously appreciating, applauding and misinterpreting such a fantabulous and serious joke full of optimism and desire to excel.

Next time any such attempt would mean the deduction will be double without any intimation.

Best Regards

Daksh

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 March 2010

I have no problem. You have my unrestricted permission to put me in minus. Earning points has no meaning to me. I joined the LCI not for points but to exchange views.

Daksh (Student)     02 March 2010

Mr.Anil Agarwal,

Your views are appreciated and honoured by your vigour and gest to be in minus we have decided to grant you a bonus of unlimited numbers (as the same are meaningless) on your account.   However Mr.Makkad's case is being hit by limitation and this decision is non negotiable, irrevocable etc etc.

Best Regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register