LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parthiban (nil)     06 September 2012

Cancel agreement for selling house

I have agreed to sell my house in Chennai in the month of April 2012 and made an agreement with the buyer in a 100Rs. Stamp paper for a agreement period of 4 months for an advance amount of 5 lakhs. After completion of 4 months my mind changed not to sell my house and the buyer has not paid the remaining amount. Now I told the buyer the bond period has exceeded and I am not willing to sell my house. Now the buyer fights back saying he'll pay the money or else he wants 5 Lakhs advance amount + 2 Lakhs for settlement. I said  I cannot pay 1 re. more than what he gave. Kindly let me know how to proceed with the buyer.

If I take legal action against him what can be done.

If I had to pay interest like what he demands whats the legal amount for four months during the bond term or will it be calculated after the bond duration.

Please reply urgent :-(

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     06 September 2012

He has got still time to get execute the sale deed from you.  He has to file suit for specific performance case against you.  Very important point in your case agreement of sale is unregd., so if he filed a suit an unregd., document wont be admitted.  

Even if d;ecreed the suit the only relief available to the buyer is that he would get his token money given to you with an interest..

So you need not to worry.   

Parthiban (nil)     06 September 2012

Thanks for the reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register