LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun Sivam (AE)     30 June 2010

Car parking not alloted

I purchased a flat from a builder and sale deed was done on August 2007. The possession was given on Feb 2008, however they failed to allot a car parking. I filed a consumer case on Oct 2009. The reason for the delay was the builder was promising and assuring me a car parking till then. There are email that have been exchanged regarding this. However, the Bangalore Consumer District forum dismissed the case on May 2010 stating that the sale deed has already been executed and it is 2years since the sale deed has been done so it does not come under this court and I need to approach civil court. I have appealed further.

I want to know is there any time line for file a civil case? Can I file a civil case in parallel and file a cheating complaint against the builder? How long will it take for civil case to get over?

Learning

1 Replies

Mohit Attri (lawyer)     30 June 2010

u can file a suit for declaration.but itsw procedure is long  .and according to ur summary u r  case is  weak .it is difficult to prove fraud on the part of builder bcouse u dnt hve any written agreement.rite.one thing more ur problem is genual nd it will same for ur neigbour nd other society members so it will better to file a suit of declaration thrgh society against builder

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register