Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhitha   12 December 2023

Change in name

I am currently in my Degree final year. I have issue in my certificates from 10th, 12th, also in degree. Next I want to pursue pg at the same time I want to change my name in educational certificates. I tried my best to change but recently I got the information about change in name.

My lecturer advised change in other documents like Aadhaar, PAN card, Bank a/c but I want to change in my certificates only because I want to study in central university.

My doubt is when I want to change or right time to change my certificates and proper procedure for it. I have a lot of confusion and pg entrance exam application is Jan-Feb 2024 only.

What to do now! May I contact the state board or lawyer. I want to change my certificates in one month.

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 December 2023

Get the Gazette Notification to change your name.  Submit your application in Annexure-I through the Tahsildar concerned.

Sanskriti Tiwari   12 December 2023

I understand your situation. Changing your name in educational certificates involves legal procedures. You can change your name through a deed poll or affidavit. However, altering educational certificates requires legal scrutiny and involves the respective educational boards or universities.

To change your name on your certificates, start by obtaining a gazette notification announcing the name change. This document acts as legal proof. Then, submit an application to your respective boards or universities along with the gazette notification, affidavit, and other supporting documents.

Given your timeline, it's advisable to initiate the process immediately, reaching out to both the state board and a legal advisor. They can provide specific guidance and assist in expediting the name change process before your PG entrance exams in early 2024.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 December 2023

You have to adopt the change of name legal process to change your name by first getting an affidavit to this effect notarised, then publish the same in two newspapers and get it published in government gazette.

You may note that the name in the certificates cannot be changed. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register