Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (Analyst)     15 September 2013

Change owners name in property tax documents

Hello,

Last year I purchased a site and completed the formalities during the site purchase. I got Khatha transfer in my name.

But now when I was trying to pay the the yearly property tax using online services, the record is still showing previous owners name.

Please guide me what I have to do now and whom to contact about this in Bangalore urban.

Thank you for your time and support.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 September 2013

House tax receipts are ALWAYS issued in the name of the Owner of the Property as per records maintained by the Registrar. Registrar's records have to be changed in the first place. This can be changed only if the buyer of the property/inheritor of the property furnishes to the Registrar evidence of his ownership of the property. This will be either a sale deed executed by the seller in your favour or a Succession Certificate or Probate of Will if it is an inherited property.

Registrar intimates to the local municipality changes in ownership from time to time. Only when these changes are recorded in the Municipal records, house tax receipts will be changed.

Therefore, please, submit evidence of change of ownership of property by submitting documents on which proper stamp duty has been paid and the transfer registered properly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register