Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aparajit (software engineer)     12 June 2012

Cheating using fraudulent power of attorney

Hi,

I was planning to buy a flat in Kolkota six months ago along with my wife.

My mother-in-law bought a flat in her name in Kolkota using my money, having me as power of attorney in a 50 rupee stamp paper. 

Things have gone wrong since then and our relationship has soured. My mother-in-law is claiming the rights to that property and I feel that the power of attorney was a fake one. I think it needs a minimum stamping of Rs 500. I have a digital copy of the same.

Would some lawyer from West Bengal willing to assess the letter and certify it in writing as fake or fraudulent one ? Please share you contact details if you want to help.

Learning

2 Replies

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     12 June 2012

It is not clear whethre the power of attorney was used to buy the flat.

aparajit (software engineer)     13 June 2012

Sorry for not writing it clearly.

Me and my wife gave the power of attorney to my mother in law. We then transferred the money required for purchase. The power of attorney was not used but the money was misused to buy flat in mother in law's name.

I want to know if the document that I have can be used to prove that the purchase was fradulent. (it has the address of the flat purchased)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register