Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohan (admin)     18 February 2010

Cheque Bounce

Hi

I have a cheque issued to me , He had taken some amount from me and he gave a cheque against that , now he is refusing to give me the money and now if i deposit the cheque it will bounce , can any one help me in recovering the money ( looking for Lawyer ) , I am in Bangalore , pls give me the contact details , i will contact .

Learning

2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     18 February 2010

You deposit the cheque in bank, let it be bounced and thereafter engage a counsel, who shall serve him a legal noitce and then file a criminal complaint and do not make compromise untull he provides you all the expenses and interest. There are various lawyers of Banglore even in this community. You can chose either of them.

Advocate Suresh Kumar T V (Advocate & Indirect Tax Consultant)     18 February 2010

Hi,

Cheque should  be deposited within six months from the date. once you received return memo from the bank you have to issue legal notice within 30 days from that date (return memo date). after receipt of your legal notice, you have to wait 15 days and complaint has to file within 30 days from the expiry of said 15 days.  you can get money even issuing legal notice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register