LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Manager)     17 October 2010

Cheque Theft and Forgery

Since my brother denied me any rights into my father's hereditary property after my father passed away, I filed a case in the High Court for getting my share of the property.  My brother even denied me the access to all my important documents, contained in a briefcase which was in the safe custody of my father.  He is now misusing those documents, including my bank cheque books to forge my signatures and depositing cheques in his name.  These are bank accounts which have not been used for the last 10 years.  My brother even may have gotten hold of some blank signed cheques which were returned by financial institutions whose loans I paid off and which were returned by registered mail to my father's address.  Can he fill out those cheques in his own name?  Is that a crime?  Is it considered to be a case of theft of cheques and forgery.  He has never shown any income on his income tax returns, so how could he have given any loan to me?

He is threatening to sue me by making up stories that he had given personal loans to me and my cheques are bouncing now.  What can I do to protect myself?

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     17 October 2010

Repeated question I think.

Sunil (Manager)     17 October 2010

I read at :

https://jizleejoset.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Collateral-or-Blank-cheques-cannot-bounce-HC-14808.asp

that section 138 does not apply to blank cheques, in any case.

Raza Haider (Manager)     19 October 2010

I have invested in one company named Indus car & Air Rentals ( INDIA) Private Limited. with its office at indus House, 307 -309 Ansal Tower, 3rd Floor Nehru place New Delhi.  This company claims that it is first indian car & air rental company with an ISO 9001 - 2008 & ISO14001 - 2004 Certifcation . This company has cheated several investor with there hard earned savings and closed its office and vanished . Kindly Suggest us what to do now if companies  like ISO approved do like this.

Please suggest me what shall I do to recover my money and advice others also to do the same. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register