LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMAKRISHNA (GOVT EMPLOYEE / LAW QUALIFIED)     23 July 2015

Clarification on whether the issue falls under consumer act

once we are paying some fee  for examination /test cum interview in response to the recruitment notification but some of the organisations are not even calling for the test on the pretext of short list even though the candidate fulfills all essestial qualifications prescribed for the post.  

now a days it is a routine matter in almost all organisations and they are simply encashing the unemployment in such a dishonost way by  collecting fees for huge members of unemployed and only conducting test cum interview / examination ( as applicable ) for just 15 to 20 members for a post and simply mentioning in notification that that `fee once paid will not be refunded'.

Recently i have applied for some of the post with  prescribed fee  being conducted by IIT Jodhpur, NISER Bhubaneswar, NIMH Hyd.  In case of non receipt of call for test cum interview / examination, shall i file a complaint under Consumer Protection Act for  refund of fee  under deficiencies of services.

My question is,  though  the edn inititutes comes under `service ' as per the Consumer Act.  However in the matter as explained above, this type of issues of organisations / departments can be termed as deficiency under  (g)  or  `unfair trade practice under (r)  for   the provision of anuy service  -  adopts any unfair method or deceptive practice '  under this Act ?

In fact, filing a complaint is not only for refund of my fee but also for making a good PRECEDENCE .

Learning

2 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     23 July 2015

In my opinion it can be filed in the consumer forum contending that it is unfair trade practice.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 July 2015

The fee is collected to call the eligible candidiate  for interview, therefore I concur with Mr.Rajeev(Rajoo).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register