LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Date of birth mismatch in s.s.c and all other documents.

Sub: Date of Birth Mismatch in SSC and all other documents. Need to get fresh passport. I have a problem in issuing new passport in India. The problem is my birthdate. My original date of birth is 6th March, 1982. I completed 10th class in the year 1997 and it has wrong date of birth as 1st July, 1981. I am an MBA graduate. I have all the following documents in hand with original (correct) date of Birth. • Birth certificate • PAN Card • Voter ID Card • UDID (Aadhar) Card • Driving Licence • Ration card These all documents having correct birthdate except SSC, so in all educational documents contains wrong (incorrect) date of birth. I don't want to get passport with wrong date of birth. I am looking for the all possible solutions without doubt. Any one helps me to get passport?

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 May 2019

As far as the passport is concerned, as per GOI directives, DOB as per qualification certificate is enough.  Proceed through an agent, as you can not such modifications in qualification certificates, and there is a time frame within which such modifications has to be done after issuing of mark list.  Focus on the present issue and do not step into other complications.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 May 2019

Agent in the context refers to passport consultants that can guide the member that SSC certificate is adequate for getting PP.

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 May 2019

In all probability, your parents or gurdian had furnished an ealier date of birth to facilitate you early admission to school. You contact the authorities in the authorities who had issued the certificate. If not successful, you have option of judicial view.

Anyhow, benchmark for date of birth is the birth certificate, even for the purpose of issuing passport.

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 May 2019

Learned friend Mr. Om Prakash: While you are welcome to point out errors and lapses, kindly avoid judgmental  and subjective comments, that tto casting aspersions, on others. May be, your knowledge and wisdom is superior, but that is no licence for being rude. Everyone makes suggestion based on their understanding to help the queriest.  My suggestion is addressed to the queriest.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2019

"Misguide" - what is the basis for your finding against me?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register