Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narasimhan (SOFTWARE ENGINEER)     14 July 2012

Dear sir/madam, i had booked a flat in bangalore and got

Dear Sir/Madam,

I had booked a flat in bangalore and got it registered in my name. I had told my builder to get it registered on both of us (myslef and spouse) but due to some miscommunication, on the day of registaration the builder missed my spouse name and got it only registered on my name.

I have taken a housing loan and now the sale deed is with the bank. For Income Tax saving purpose, I would like to have my wife also get IT excemption for Housing loan interest and principle. 

My wife is a co-applicant on loan but not registered in sale deed

Could someone please let me know

1) how to add spouse name in the sale deed? What is the process now considering the sale deed is with the bank?

2) If at all, there is a way to add my spouse in the sale deed, will the bank provide the sale deed document before I complete the loan?

3) What are the approximate charges and fees?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Narasimhan

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     14 July 2012

dear querist,

yes you can add your spouse name also in the sale deed ,

make application to the registrar for the addition of your spouse name ,attach the statement of the seller and also the certificate of co applicant in the bank loan from the concerning bank ,once you get your application allowed from the registrar office ,you can deposite this application alongwith a affidavit mentioning that you want sale deed copy back from bank for the purpose of addition of name ,attach the permission certifiacte to the application and submit it to the bank .

if bank made any objection then make this procedure through the registrar office

feel free to call onj 9459321520

1 Like

Narasimhan (SOFTWARE ENGINEER)     14 July 2012

Thank you very much Sir, Can you please let me know approximate charges/fees for this procedure? Do we need to buy another stamp paper ( I mean do we need to re-register it?) Will I need to pay stamp duty again for this?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register