LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand Mishra (na)     20 September 2024

Disciplinary action against ex employee by private bank

Dear Sir/Ma'am, I worked as a manager in a private bank. During that event one customer offered me 5000 rs cash for home loan process. It's been six months now since i have left the bank. Now the customer asking to return the cash and I'm afraid he might lodge complaint. Can bank take action against ex employee ?

Learning

2 Replies

Harish varun   20 September 2024

In response to your concern, while it's true that accepting cash from a customer for facilitating a loan process is unethical and could be seen as a violation of the bank's policies, the fact that you are no longer employed at the bank complicates the situation. Generally, private banks may take action against an ex-employee if any misconduct is brought to light, especially if the incident occurred during your employment. However, this usually depends on the severity of the misconduct and the bank’s internal policies.

Since the customer is now demanding the money back, it might be wise to return it to avoid further complications. While the bank may still have grounds for action if a formal complaint is filed, resolving the issue directly with the customer could help mitigate any potential fallout. If you're unsure of how to proceed, it might be worth seeking legal advice to protect yourself.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2024

You return the amount you received as bribe by telling that you are returning the hand loan borrowed from him and have this documented as evidence to safeguard your future interests. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register