LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh (Lead )     28 December 2023

Division partition of property/assets among four brothers and widow mother

My father passed away in 1996 .since my mother is taking care of our small business and property. From long time my mother wants to partition and distribute everything to all brothers equally but eldest son is not willing to go for partition He wants to acquire maximum portion of the property and everything and says he will distribute according to his wish once mother will die even he tortures mother also too much take all her belonings/room now mother live with youngest son , even mother has given his compansatroy govt. job also to this eldest son.

Pls suggest what we can do with property etc,to get distributed when mother is alive and everyone gets equal share and the son who is taking care of mother gets some benefit or her share.

Eldest son don't listens to anyone and his wife take lead and start abusing physical fight and abuse with mother and other family members

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 December 2023

File a suit for partition and for separate possession of your legitimate share in the property

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     29 December 2023

Yes, you need to file suit for partition of your deceased father's property  before competent court to get equal share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register