LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown   10 December 2017

Divorce

My husband had filed a divorce petition in family court in the year 2011 giving all false alligation under section 13 a and b then he claimed that he would not have fathered my son and later it's was proved by DNA . The DNA proved he is father later he took a medical record about my pregnancy with other person which is not true and he has not mentioned about this record in the initial petition nor he produced any vital evidence except the medical report in my name . He himself dessered from me for more than 10 years because am living in the same house where we both constructed . Now family court has given divorce . The orders says contested _ Allowed without any cost on 8th december 2017. Now am in trouble because the house where I live is registered in his name even though the amount to buy the land was given by my father as seedhan and as my in-laws said it's advisable to be in his name as he is bank employee and it will be easy to acquire loan we trusted and we agreed . The land was register in his name on 26th August 2000 exactly 5 days after the birth of my son as I could not move because It was a ceser delivery . I dint accompany him. 2. My son in 17 years old and doing diploma 2nd year as of now we claimed interim maintenance of 5000 rs which he dint give properly . His studies are there for another year and am working women who early hardly 18 k per month I have a strong feel that I don't deserve this judgement as I dint do any sin What should I do now to safeguard the property which is hard earned money of my father and me . Of course my x investments is also there but keeping this bank loan as an issue he never paid our maintenance even before this divorce case I only used to goto job and tc of expenses. How to get maintenance for my son because as of now he is studying ... but many advocates say as he is major we cannot claim maintenance legally is it true Can I.contest against this judgement what's the procedure for it

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Good reply by Seema ji

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     11 December 2017

Firstly get the detailed order, not only the operative part. Go through the same. See what reasoning has been given by the Judge to allow the Divorce.  From what you have mentioned, only Divorce was granted.  No other relief, esp about the house, was afforded to the husband.  So keep calm and challenge the order in the HC 

As far as your son is concerned, there are contradictory judgements passed by diff High Courts about whether a grown son can ask for maintenance or not so woukd advise you to try. 

Unknown   12 December 2017

Thank you radhika man for your positive response ... can u pls clarify one thing will the orders regarding house will be there in judgement copy or any other maintenance regarding son will be there or it will be only order copy of divorce case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register