Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

prajakta (ABC)     25 April 2012

Divorce and custody of children

Hi,

My sister got married in Nov 2002. Her husband is a 1st class Government  employee. She has two kids, 8 yrs and 7 yrs, both boys. In 2003 she became pregnant and came to Haldwani in July 2003 to her parents (Not to in-laws in Nainital) for delivery. She stayed there till the baby is 5-6 months. She was pregnant again. For 2-3 months she went with her huband to Shrinagar and came back to Haldwani for delivery. Now she stayed there for 1.5 years as the kids were small and her mother was taking care of kids. Thing were smooth at that time except a little tension between her husband and her brother.

Then she came back again to Haldwani with parents and admitted kids to school there (husband thinks that weather as well as schooling is not good in Shrinagar). As time passed things became bitter between her husband and brother. And the victim was my sister. His husband always uses ill words for her brother.  At the time of marriage of her brother and sister in Nov 2007 he had a fight with my sister and he said he will attend only sister’s marriage and not marriage. He also said to cut all the relations with her parents and brother.

From 2008, he shifted his family to Nainital (his native place) not with him (as he believes education is good in Nainital, though kids have good option of Army school as well). There she is living with his father in law who is around 80 years of age. She alone takes care of children and everything there. He came home for 2 months and that time too they just fight with each other. Now the things have become so odd, that they hardly talk and even if they, then only fight. Kids also know that things are not smooth between parents. Kids are afraid of parents.

From last 1 year, he is angry with parents also and don’t want my sister to have contact with her parents. Over phone also he just abuses her parents and brother/bhabhi and says ill words.  During kids winter vacations they go to him but there too he took my sister’s phone and would not allow her to call her parents. (Though he himself has made a good relation with wife’s mama ad bua)

The life of my sister has become hell because of that person. It’s a case of mental abuse (and sometimes physical also as I know).  He sometimes blackmailed her by saying that he know such things that will ruin parents life.

My sister is just graduate and is a dependant. She is afraid of divorce because of her kids as she don’t want to lose them.  Kids also are more attached with mother and nana- nani as they have spent more time with them. They fear/cry when father is there with them or when they are with them in Shrinagar.

She doubts that he has some extra marital affair also but has no proof.

Please help with valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

prajakta (ABC)     26 April 2012

Please help, really need suggestion regarding divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register