Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Julian Mantle (IT Professional)     15 August 2013

Divorce case in high court

I have been granted divorce by family court , thane.  Ex-Wife has gone to Bombay High court. The case istadmitted in Jan 2013. During admission Her lawyer told court that they want to go for mediation. My lawyer also agreed. There was order from the court with regards to mediation. Outside court both lawyers agreed to coordinate amongst themselves. Till date nothing happened. My lawyer says he tried to call the other laywer but he is not picking up phone. Them I had heated argument with my lawyer. This is because when we first approached him he never said that it takes 5 years for an admitted case to come for final hearing. After he started to talk like this , I decided to engage new lawyers. She is tried to call other lawyer many times. She sent letters on his office and Ex-wife address. Both letters were retured as unclaimed. Then she met him in high court. He agreed for mediation but asked her to arrange for mediator. My lawyer has found one mediator. She communicated his name to Ex-wife lawyer. Ex-wife lawyer told that he will call Ex-wife and let us know. Till date nothing has happended. My question to you folks is, since there is such  delay,can't I appoarch High court and tell them to intervene ? If No , then Why and If Yes then How?

Learning

2 Replies

Alwin (PM)     15 August 2013

Request lok adalat/legal service authority  to take up the matter. 

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     15 August 2013

if u are not happy change the lawyer,go for some seasoned lawyers in divorce matters. ofcourse it will take time, being patient is the most important thing in a divorce matter, in due course lot of things will fall in line.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register