LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tunip (Desig)     13 April 2010

Documents not released after home loan foreclosure

I did a home loan transfer from HSBC to another bank. After transfering the entire amount and closing the home loan account. I went to collect the legal docs and my balance amount cheque.

Since the property and account was on both me and my (ex) wife's name. I was first told to submit id proof of both the parties and authority letter from my other party who is not present. On submitting these, they showed that my ex wife's pan card id proof had maiden name, so they asked for my marriage certificate in support. I told them it was lying at the court will take some time to get it. So the bank suggested to submit my divorce agreement which has the proper name. On doing so, their legal dept raised a concern, saying i need to also show the Release deed mentioned in the divorcee agreement. But then i had buit a Gift deed with all the necessary stamp duty and registeration done amounting to 50k spent on it. So i showed them the gift deed.

But they are not ready to accept it at all, although the gift deed clearly mentions the release of all her rights on the property or anything related to it. The legal dept is still after the Release deed. Even though the divorcee agreement states that anything related to the property should be mentioned in the Sign/Release Deed/NOC. But then they are not ready to accept even the NOC / authority letter / any undertaking etc in lieu of the release deed.

Now procuring a new released deed after more than a year is like spending another 70k for it. In spite of several attempts to communicate with legal dept through the bank executive was in vain as they were not ready to listen.

Please advice what's an alternate solution for this problem apart from producing the release deed.

Thanks.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

consult a local lawyer and file consumer complaint for deficiency in services

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     14 April 2010

you can complain to BCSBI. IT is clearly deficiency in seveces of bank. It seems that the concerned officers are encouraged for delaying the payments it is always a practice of some private banks.BCSBI is watchdog of RBI on such defoults in servicse

Tunip (Desig)     19 April 2010

Thanks to all. I really appreciate your valuable suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register