Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M A   28 August 2024

Dv case by wife

My wife has filed DV case.We got married and we both decided to contribute equally for marriage expenses at Kolkata.My wife has not made contribution towards marriage and I have not asked her.After one she transferred me the amount in my account citing marriage spend.Now in dv case she is claiming this amount to be dowry.What shall I do.

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 August 2024

Is the DV case filed only because of the alleged demand for dowry? Or, is there any another grounds pleaded?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2024

The dowry complaint in DV case ios not a serious issue because the relief sought will be irrelevant to the present allegations of dowry harssment.

However since you have the details about the amount received and the purpose, you can challenge her claim in the trial proceedings. 

M A   29 August 2024

We leave seperately from our parents after marriage.She had pleaded for grounds like cruelty due to dowry demand,she claimed whenever I went to my parents home alone she claimed I left her after few slapping.We are not together since 2 years because of our disagreement.Now she filed DV case 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 August 2024

You can proceed with the case as suggested. 

M A   30 August 2024

Sure sir..The case is in first hearing stage.My sister is also dragged in this who has been residing with her husband in different state and only met my wife during our wife during our marriage.She alleges my sister has emotionally abused by asking for dowry once.What is the process to quash/remove her name in lower court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register