LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hiren Gohel   11 April 2016

False 498a

Hi, Can someone tell me, how this 498a actually works? My wife has filed a false 498a against me and my family. We don't have any idea about law and the system. We have a Lawyer but I think he is just sucking our money and not giving proper advice, rather he is scaring us. The day my wife filed 498a in women cell. We got a call from them. They told us to visit there and meet them as they've received a Complaint against us. We got scared and we had called our Lawyer to get some help. He scared us too and said, don't go to women cell straight away or else they would arrest you and put you all behind the bars. He told us that let me come with you and speak to them. He came with us and told us that, I have managed everything from my end. So now, no one will be arrested. He told us to give him 45000/-. According to him out of which he took 30000/- and he gave 15000/- to women cell. Now, my question is how come police arrest anyone without preparing a chargesheet? And how come they prepare a chargesheet without any investigation or any proof against anyone.? Can they straight away arrest anyone if anyone falsely Complaints in 498a? Please reply on this. Me and my family are drowning. My Lawyer is a greedy rascal and he just grabs our money by scaring us in different different ways. We are based in Ahmedabad. Please help us with any Lawyer's reference if possible. We want to change our Lawyer. And want some to represent our case who is loyal to his/her profession. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Hiren Gohel   11 April 2016

Last month we had also received a call from the women cell again and they told us to visit the court and be present before the judge as 498a was processed. We all got surprised, because our Lawyer said that he has managed everything on his own. We tried to call our Lawyer to know more about this, but he said that he is out of town for almost a week and cant come down to meet us. We went to court before the judge and over there they informed us to present 4 people so that we can be granted bail. It was really a nightmare for us. All of a sudden we had to find 4 people who can sign for us and help us to get bail. After a big headache finally we managed 4 people who signed for us and helped us to get bail. Over there we came to know about our Lawyer that he didn't give any money to women cell for the settlement of 498a, infact he robbed us and took our 45000/-. Please guide us on this. What can be done now. Also help us with a Lawyer's reference in ahmedabad. Thank you. All.

KS Johal   12 April 2016

I understand that you are being misguided by your existing advocates and I also believe that you need to tackle this issue immediately otherwise it could get messy. If you need help then please email me as given below: ksinghjohal@yahoo.co.uk

A walk alone (-)     15 April 2016

If she has file false complain then there are two options. First one instead of wasting your time and money compromise her mcd and get rid of her. Second one is time and money consuming hire a good lawyer and file quash in HC. If it fails then file speedily trail in HC . Remember our judicial system is almost corrupted. Opposite party can give money to make your case weak . Choice is yours .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register