LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manny (none)     01 January 2011

false passport charges

hi i am canadian citizen living in canada. in 1993 i went to india and i was 15 years old at the time. i was not a canadian citizen at the time, i was a indian citizen with canadian immigration documents. when i was returning to india for the first in 1993, i was travelling on a new indian passport that i had just recieved from india. I had my relatives in india get my passport so i dont know the exact channels they went to obtaining the passport. but to make the long story short, when i landed in delhi, the immigration officer said my passport was not legitmate b/c it was missing a authorizing personnel signature, he asked for a bribe and he would let me go thru, i wasnt aware that their was anything wrong with my passport and i refused to pay him. it turned out their was somethign illegitimate with the passport and i was arrested and taken to police station where i spent the night and the next day i was taken to court. at court my family had hired a lawyer and i was release on bail. my relatives at the time told me that they would take care of the matter and they had made another passport for me and i came back to canada. since then i have recieved my canadian citizenship and have travelled back to india. but i have found out that their is a outstanding arrest warrant for me b/c apparently i skipped bail.  so the police has came to my village mulitiple times seeking me. I guess the case was never closed and its still open case.

what i wanna know is, how do i deal with this matter, what kind of trouble could i be looking at? what do i need to do resolve this matter, what would i have been charged with for having a false passport?

i wasnt aware of anything at the time b/c i was young and just followed instruction given by family.

any and all help is greatly appreciated.

also i would appreciate referal of any great lawyer that deals with passport/immigration matters.

regars

Manny

Learning

1 Replies

Kishore (Sr. Executive)     04 January 2011

Hi Manny,

You can find the details of case from the Police or concerned court.

Hire a lawyer and ask him to get the case details and then take action accordingly.

Get the case closed.

As saying goes in India "Kanoon Ke haanth Bohot Lambe Hote hain"... you can get in trouble.

An arrest warrant might become RCN and then they might involve Interpol to get you if they want to. However for smaller cases they ignore Interpol etc... But remember law is law..

Best way is to get lawyer and get the case closed. 

Don't hesitate to bribe if needed. Screw honesty which doesn't work in India.

Good luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register