LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer (self)     31 October 2012

Filing case against brother by sister

hello to everyone..this question may be different as well as quite unsocial but here is it...

my mother was having share in property as in her father's will but two years ago my mother's brothers and their sons emotionally blackmailed and threatened to do suicide in case my mom was not going to give her share of property to them. i had recorded all this too. but due to being emotional, my mom gave away her share to her brothers but after that their behaviour is completely changed. they have completely stopped talking to us  so now my mother want to get her share back. so my question is that is it possible to get back my mother's share from her brothers if we are having recordings of blackmailing..??  

Learning

2 Replies

Kshetrapal Sharma (Joint Director Retd)     01 November 2012

Sameer . It is   just  an opinion only .

I saw  your  letter, that is  a problem . I am  a layman  , yet   i think  , your mother   might have  done  one of the following 

a will 

a sale deed 

a gift  or donation .

If it is a will , it can be changed  , but  you have come so far , she  has done  some other .

So in normal case , it will be only curse to sue them , proving  blackmailing  and playing with emotions and  your mother  was  so swayed .   Her  mental state  was   o.k.  or she was   given something  to  do it , is not clear  from your crisp query  .For a mother  , having sons , should not have  transferred the property like this . It was  earned by your father   so lineage demands  it shold be to you  only .

so  other sisters  should  take a lesson .  Instead  taking  some share from her father your mother became a prey to them ,

yours 

Kshetrapal Sharma

sameer (self)     05 November 2012

hello sir...

thanxx for reply...

my mom was having share in her father's land according to registery of property..but as per my previous details, her brothers emotionally blackmailed and threatened for suicide. you can assume the status of a lady in that case..so she decided to do as per their demands..they got land transffered to their names only as it was in the name of them jointly..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register