LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Filing case in supreme court directly

Is it possible to file a case in Supreme Court Directly. My inlaws threatened me on the phone and i filed IPC 506 in the concerned police station however they are not paying any attention to my case and asking me to settle the matter. I am foreigner and i like to drag this case directly to Supreme Court skipping lower court. Are there any guidelines specifically for approaching Supreme Court and skipping Lower Court ?

Learning

5 Replies

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     20 November 2012

No you cannot....You cant skip the trial court. However an appeal can be made against the order of any court/tribunal via a special leave petiton....

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

(Guest)

@ Chetan good to know, I never thought that this could have been done through SLP Criminal Appeal as well.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     20 November 2012

none can avoid trial court as without trial there cannot be any jugement when there is a judgement or order thn only appal arises please regards.. adv dr g balakrishnan high court of Bombay (OS) rapidanalysts@gmail.com

(Guest)

Sir thank you for the reply but my problem is that i cannot file any case in lower court because of the fight. My inlaws side is anxiously waiting for me and they have also gone to my maternal uncles house with hockey and knife saying that they will kill me. I want to file case in such a way that this people don't touch me and i get full justice. Is there any other option in order to approach different court ?

stanley (Freedom)     22 November 2012

Originally posted by : Jon

Sir thank you for the reply but my problem is that i cannot file any case in lower court because of the fight. 

:( if you cannot file a case in lower court and had there been an option to take your case to supreme court than how would you fight :(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register