LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal Khanna (Self employed)     13 November 2020

Final allotment letter of mhada of 1993 allotted

What is final allotment letter of Mhada of 1993 allotted ? I am applying bank loan for house repair but Bank asking me to submit final allotment letter please help me in this regard.

Learning

1 Replies

Nirali Nayak   15 June 2021

Hello sir, greetings of the day.
As per your query, The Maharashtra Housing & Area Development Authority (MHADA) provides a final allotment letter. As state in the judgement of Ishwar Dass Nassa and Ors vs State Of Haryana and Ors on 12 December, 2011. After the tenements are alloted and is finalized the Estate Manager must issue an allotment letter informing the allottee that, the place is allotted to him or her on the terms and conditions specified in the letter. It also asks  him to call at the concerned office of the Board and take delivery of the authority letter and to take over possession of the tenement within the period which is specified in the letter. After the allottee receives the allotment letter, may accept the allotlement of the tenement, within the period that has been specified in the letter.  
As the allotment letter is issued by a developer or the housing authority, and it states the descripttion of the property and details of the amount paid by the buyer to the developer. Thus an allotment letter is very essential in availing loan from the bank, as the letter clearly mentions the amount of money which you have to pay to the builder or the housing society, so bank can finance the remaining amount. Therefore, basing on this letter, the bank finances the remaining amount to you. 
One can refer to many cases to get a clear idea and precedents of an allotment letter. Some are Greater Mohali Area Dev. ... vs Manju Jain & Ors on 19 August, 2010, M.D., H.S.I.D.C. And Ors vs M/S. Hari Om Enterprises And Anr on 16 May, 2008 and Social Jurist, A Lawyers Group vs Government Of Nct Of Delhi And Ors. on 22 March, 2007.
Hope this solves your query.
Regards
Nirali Nayak
Law Student

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register