Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshar Pawar (a)     20 October 2012

Gift deed and transfer of shares

Hello,

My father owned a flat which was self acquired by him about 25 years ago. Last year (in Nov 2012 ) through the execution and registration of a Gift Deed (unconditional) the title and rights of ownership of the same flated were transfered to me and my brother in equal shares. Subsequently we applied to the Society office for tranfer of shares and membership of the society to our names. All forms were duly filled and signed by the transferor and transferees and submitted to the society in Jun 2012.

However sometime back (around mid september 2012) due to insecurity, my father decided to withdraw the application from the society (by means of written application) and says that he no longer wants to gift the flat to us. On this basis the society has stopped the transfer of shares and membership to our names. We have submitted written application to the society asking them the reason for stopping the process but the Secretary says that they are not obligated to reply to us as we are not members yet.

Please suggest what course of action can be taken for completing the transfer of membership and shares in our names. My father also says that the Gift Deed will be cancelled by him. Is this possible ? If so how ? 

Thanks

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register