LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PRAKASH (STUDENT)     05 December 2011

Gift deed validity

Dear Experts, My Grand Mother (Grand Father expired) has 4 sons and 3 daughters,my Grand Mother executed a registered gift deed of her self owened house in the name of her 3 daughters on June 2006,indicating my daughters are favour and love at me (no conditions). After 6 months by her son's force my Grand Mother cancelled the gift deed without intimating the donees,indicating that her daughters are not favour to me and they are harassing after registration of gift deed.Now my Grand Mother trying to register the house on her son's name. Sir i would like to know

1. Is the gift deed can be cancell without donees willing?

2. What is the validity of the gift deed once registered? because after her cancellation of gift deed at register office we didn't filed any case in the court.

3. Is there any specific time period to responding at the cancellation of gift deed by donar?
we didn't take any steps against my Grand Mother and 5 years over.

Please provide me your valuable suggestions.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 December 2011

Gift deed is irrevocable and once gifted cannot be cancelled in any situation. cancellation may be challanged

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     06 December 2011

Dear Prakash,

Does your mother live in the said gifted property..? Because if proof of acceptance of the gift is shown ,ie by living there, then the gift deed becomes irrevocable.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register