LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyam   19 July 2017

Grandfathers house will document lost.

Hi, We have a property in my grandfathers name who is expired 10 years back. He has written a will on how to share property to his 3 son's before expire. According to his decision all his sons are utilizing it.The problem is we lost the original will document which is not registered. And i am a grandson of my grandfathers 2nd son who has expired 2 years back. Now as per our personal need we want to sell the property but the buyers is asking the original documents. The property is 40 years old and we are combinely paying house tax which is on my grandfathers name till date. Can you please provide us a solution on this concern.

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 July 2017

It is believed that you are all Hindu.

The property is at which location?

Confirm!

You have posted that The WILL registered?

Does anyone have a copy?

Is there any dispute amongst Legal heirs?

Was the WILL duly acted upon without any cloud on it as per procedure and rules of Testate Succession?

Was its certified copy submitted to authority under whose jurisdiction property falls say; MC, along with death certificate, legal heir certificate, NOC of legal heirs?

shyam   19 July 2017

All legal Heirs are hindus and property is located at visakhapatnam, andhra pradesh. As i mentioned will document is not registered and all legal heirs are unaware of the will document written matter. All legal heirs are mutually agreed and ready to create a document as per hindu act procedures. And we didnt submitted to local MC, jurdiction or authorities.

Reply to all points, pointwise.

You have modifed your last post.

Consider registered family agreement mentioning exact shares and boundaries.

Approach with case file a very able local senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/civil matters for a considered opinion. 

shyam   19 July 2017

Obtain legal heir certificate.It may be required.

Usually it is issued by O/o Tehsildar.

If there is NO dispute everything is possible.

Settle the matter amicably and register the agreement.

Local counsels can help, as already suggested and draft the agreement and it may leave NO scope for future litigation.

shyam   20 July 2017

thank you sir.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 July 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register