Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharath (Architect)     04 December 2012

Grandmothers property

Hello,

My grandmother inherited the house from my grandfather when he passed away.  I do not remember the year he passed away but it was in 1985 or that time when I was a kid.  My grandmother has 6 daughters and 3 sons including my father.  In her final days, my grandmother talked to me as I was the eldest grandson (from her son's side) and 2 of her sons on how the house should be splitted.  All 3 sons agree at that time they can sell the house and divide the share into 3 or one of the son can take it and give the 2 son's their share.  Since my fathers elder son (first son) does not have any kids, he said he do not need the house.  My father's younger brother said, he do not need the because his sons were studying at that time (not sure if they were minor or major), he need money and do not need the house.  Since this is my grandfather's last property and I do not want to sell it and told my father that I will but it as I was working that time.  Now, my grandmother registered the house on my name with her 3 sons as witness signature and gave the 2 shares for my father's brother as per the property value in 2005.

Now (2012), my fathers younger brother 2 sons (now they are major) are disputing (orally) saying that we were major that time and decission was taken without their acknowledgement and their father joins them because now the property value has increased and they wanted more.

So, my question is, can they dispute?  What kind of the right they have on this property?  And what can I do about that?

Thanks in advance for all your answers!

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register