LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samir Avtar Ahluwalia (Asst. Manager)     13 April 2011

Help Required against abusive housing society Secretary

I have a flat in Mira Road which is on rent, because most of the time I am not in Mumbai the maintenance is pending, but from time to time I make a part payment.

The society levies interest as much as they wish to is there a law as per which the society can levy interest or they can as they wish?

The secretary of the society has been threatening my tenants for a long time he abuses the lady and always threatens her that he will disconnect the water supply.

None the less the society is in shambles because of poor maintenance by the managing committee

I would like to what action can I take against the secretary for threatening my rentees because now it has gone above tolerable limits.

Awaiting kind suggestions

Regards,

Samir

Learning

1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 April 2011

1.  In Maharashtra, the maximum permissible interest that can be levied on outstanding dues of a registered cooperative housing society is 21% per annum on simple interest basis (non-compounding).  Charging Interest again on outstanding Interest is illegal.

2.  Society cannot discontinue water supply to its members under any circumstances.  A simple police complaint should be made against the mg.committee members, for the same.

3.  If the mg.committee is threatening the tenants, then too the owner + tenant will have to file a police complaint for criminal intimidation and threats, against the mg.committee.

4.  Also make a written complaint to the registrar of coop. of your area, regarding all the nuisance of the nefarious mg.committee members and request him to inspect the workings of the society.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register