LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abc (manager)     31 January 2013

How to get passport impounded

Hi Everyone, My ex husband ( we are legally divorced) has fled to US with my daughter.. The custody caes of my daughter was going on in India when he fled to US. The family court judge has has given us the order to impound his passport. But unfortunately I do not have eiethr his passport number or the information about the issuing authority of his passport.. We need to get the relevant details so that the summons can be served to the right office and our papers do not get lost and hence the judge has told us to provide all the details.. Please let me know: 1)Whether the passport office is in a position to give the passport number and other details of the Indian citizen on we providing his name, given surname, father's name and his date of birth. 2)Whether the passport office is in a position to state the place or the country where the person is presently located and if not which office / department of the Central Government be able to help us out in seeking this information. 3)Will the Immigration Office at Mumbai be able to provide these details as where the person is and when has he left India? 4)Also need to know which department undertakes impounding of the passport and where the office of such departments situated and who is the concerned person to be contacted. Can one of you experts or someone with prior experience with this can please guide me.. Many Thanks. ABC

Learning

1 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     31 January 2013

hello,

regional passport office only after the direction of court can impound the passport.

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register