Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nitin   15 May 2023

Icici bank statements shared by icici bank to my wife (third party) without my consent read more at

Dear Sir,

There is a matrimony dispute is going on from last 7 years and she filled false cases in court. My ICICI savings account statements shared by ICICI or some of the internal employee to my wife (third party) without my consent. And she submitted those documents in the Honorable Court. Due to this i had to face big challenges and it caused significant damage to to me. Disclosure of Bank statement to an unauthorized third party is a big privacy concern, resulting in the misuse of this sensitive information.

Please guide me where i can complain regarding this so that i can get speedy Justice and defaulters get punishment as Bank Statements are very sensitive information. Please help. 

Thanks

Nitin 

Learning

4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 May 2023

If you have evidence to prove that thebank has divulged the incormation to your wife without your consent which is against the privacy policy, you can issue a legal notice to the bank manager seeking his explanation and damages or you can writ to the banking ombudsman to initiate proper action agaisnt the errting bank manager. 

It is an implied term of the contract between a banker and his customer that the banker will not divulge to third persons, without the consent of the customer, express or implied, either the state of the customer's account, or any of his transactions with the bank or any information relating to the customer acquired.

Only the account holder has the right to access their bank account. If you have a joint bank account, you both own the account and have access to the funds. But in the case of a personal bank account, your spouse has no legal right to access it. .

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 May 2023

With due respect to Learned Expert Mr. Kalaiselvan, there could be another angle to the issue. It appears that you had suppressed some vital facts from the Court and your wife could prove this aspect on the strength of your Bank statement. As far as the Court and its procedure is concerned, there is nothing in producing documents and adducing evidence therefrom. It is well settled that once a document is proved to be true, it is immaterial how the same was produced. Admittedly, all the imbroglio has its origin in the querist withholding material evidence from the Court.

Moreover, to my knowledge, ICICI Bank provides statements of SB account through e-mail. It could be that the wife could secure the relevant statement not from the Bank employee, but through other means; may be she had access to the husband's e-mails. Even if it is the indiscretion on the part of the emplyee, it is well nigh impossible to fix the blame upon a particular employee.

Emma Frost   27 May 2023

Do you have any legal proof that it was shared by employee?

Nitin   02 August 2023

Originally posted by : Emma Frost

Do you have any legal proof that it was shared by employee?

Response : Yes I compalined to RBI which was forwarded to bank and after investigation Bank confirmed and replied through email that "The statements were shared to my spouse. And the official who did this act was not associated with bank so we can't do anything and the case details shared with internal ombusment team and according to ombusment the reply in in order with no further action required."

Please help me how can i proceed to complaint or file legal case regarding that bank official who did this herinous act? Please help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register