Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithin (Manager)     22 March 2012

Icici prudential denied cash receipt

Hi all,

I am a customer of ICICI Prudential AMC and have been investing in mutual funds with them. My last investment  in a Tax saving plan was purchased online using a net banking facility. Despite receiving funds, the company has not issued a online Receipt for the payment made. Further calls to the company only yeilded a "Statement of account" which basically has all details of investments incl the latest purchase made with them. What I needed was a "receipt" for the money i have paid and the company is refusing to issue a receipt. Can a company refuse to give receipts for cash received? Can anyone here throw light on this matter please?

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     22 March 2012

when statements are issuing, in my opinion receipt is not necessary

Thanks Rajeev. The problem is that the statement has all info about my previous investments and their present market value. In all honesty i would want to use this statement for any purpose as i would like to think that it is a confidential document pertaining to my finances. In the event, I wish to submit  this "receipt" for lets say tax exemption purpose or any other purpose, then what do i do? The question here is that " Am i entitled to a receipt or not? Does the statement of account (which also includes investments made 2 yrs ago) qualify as a receipt??

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 March 2012

Company can not decline to issue of receipt.

Try by telling them that you are dissatisfied and may decide to close all a/c and refund of total amount paid by you and take up the matter with SEBI and go public.

Thanks Kumar. Is there any law/rule that states that companies/individuals should issue receipts for cash received in return for a service??

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 March 2012

ICICI is into banking and should understand that depositors are the major stakeholders of the  company.

The ultimate objective is that the customer should get services they are rightfully entitled to receive without demand.

You may visit the local BM and impress upon him to issue you a receipt.

Taking a receipt :If you make a payment of more than Rupees 5,000 to any one, you can insist on getting a stamped receipt (section 30). This does not apply to receipts covered by any exemptions noted here If the payee refuses to give a stamped receipt, he can be punished with fine up to Rs.100 (section 65).

A receipt is proof that you have made a specified payment for goods or services. It is also is a important documentation for maintaining your business records and in preparing your tax returns. Best business practices require that you file your receipts in some sort of organized manner so that if you need to refer to them, you can find them easily.

LIC has posted detailed info for its customers;

https://teck.in/pay-lic-premium-using-lic-of-india-website-portal-www-licindia-in-via-payment-gateway.html

What are the features of Online Premium Payment?

The Payment and updation of master happen in real time. Digitally signed receipts issued immediately.

What is the acknowledgement given for payments made?

Online digital receipt is generated instantly.

What is an e-receipt? Whether it is valid for Income tax purpose?

E-receipt is online, digitally signed receipt and is valid for IT purpose.

Do I get any other receipt by post?

No other receipt is sent by post for online payments.

·  If the premium amount is debited from the PH’s Bank Account but error page displayed it may be due to session timed out or network error. In such case a digitally signed receipt will be sent to his profile email id in three working days after receiving the confirmation from his Bank. The premium receipt will also be available under his user-id at Customer Services :View Pay Premium Online – Receipts .

Attached File : 352601790 reciept for payment received.pdf downloaded: 118 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register