Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S SHUKLA (DEPUTY MANAGER (HR))     24 May 2010

Illegal Charges being imposed by CGHS

Dear Sirs/ Ma'ams,
Good Afternoon.
I am a Central Govt PSU officer posted in Delhi. I work with ONGC and presently I am staying in a rented accommodation in a Co-operative Group Housing Society in New Delhi.
I have been staying the said society for last four years.
When I was transfereed to Delhi in 2006, I took up this accommodation in flat 308 in the said Society on Company Lease.
The Society President then had asked me to pay Rs 1500/- towards Society Entry Charges which he said was paid by all the new tenants who took flats on rent in the society.
Being new to Delhi then and in urgency to shift the personal belongings I had paid the said amount then.
Recently this month I have SHIFTED to another flat no. 208 on rent in the SAME SOCIETY.
The Society President is AGAIN asking me to pay Rs 2000/- towards the same Society Entry Charges as applicable to the Tenants, as I have shifted into another flat within in the society.
Not ready now to take this arbitrary and illegal charge being imposed repeatedly, I wish to fight against the said act of the society.
Kindly advise me how to go ahead and fight for my right of refusal to pay the said illegal charge.
Should I make a complaint to Registrar co-op Societies? Does rules under Society Registration Act provide for imposition of such charge on the tenants? Do I have any orther relief?
Kindly advise and oblige.
Thanking you
yours sincerely,
ps shukla

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. G. A. Gagdani (ADVOCATE AND LEGAL CONSULTANT)     24 May 2010

Should I make a complaint to Registrar co-op Societies? yes. but before that calim rules of society for paying entrance charge, did it specify your case. 

Does rules under Society Registration Act provide for imposition of such charge on the tenants? if during formation they have registered such rules then it may be applicable.

Do I have any orther relief? just check it from society rules and bye-laws and then compaint to the registrar for such illegal things.

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     24 May 2010

You should check the bye-laws of the society, if it is mentioned in the bye-laws of the Entry Charges, then you will have to to pay, if otherwise you should complaint it to company registrar.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register