Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property Advice (private employee)     06 July 2012

Immovable property mutation based on will deed

Hello Pro Lawyers,

My father wrote a will deed in which his self acquired house was bequethed to my mother to enjoy it till her lifetime and after her to me to get absolute rights.

1) Is the property to be mutated in muncipal records twice i.e till her my mother on her name and later to my name? or it should be mutated jointly to both of us?

2) If transfered to my mother, how can the enjoyment right be enforced without absolute title in which case I need to get a will deed from my mother to avoid litigations?

2) Only muncipal mutation is sufficient for title transfer or any registration should be performed?? Confused, how the property will be changed from my father to us in revenure records??

Rajesh.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 July 2012

Mutuation, is the entry in the property records, maintained by the Government. It gives the name of the person who is the owner of the property along with other essential details, as like, what is total area of the house, ancestral or purchased, residential or commercial, etc.

Any property has to have a mutuation entry. It is essential for giving the real owner the property title. And thus, is essential document for resale or purchase of any property. Mututation entries are essential to discover whether the property had  a clear title.

As far as negative implications of properties without updated mututations are concerned , it shall give you lack of clear title to your property. This can create legal complications incase if u want to resale the property. Modern days mutation is essential.

Property Advice (private employee)     08 July 2012

Thank you very much for explaining the necessity of mutation. But, Could you please answer whether it has to be done jointly or solely on my mother's name in which case what rights she will have?? Looking forward for any valuable inputs. Rajesh

Property Advice (private employee)     09 July 2012

Any inputs.....Thanks in Advance!!!

Thank you very much for explaining the necessity of mutation.

But, Could you please answer whether it has to be done jointly or solely on my mother's name in which case what rights she will have??

Looking forward for any valuable inputs.

Rajesh

Property Advice (private employee)     11 July 2012

Hello,

Is this scenario very uncommon and difficult or very easy to answer??

Havent received any inputs on this??

Please enlighten me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register