Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indranil (Professional)     30 May 2012

Initial deposit during child maintenance

Recently discussed this matter with my lawyer. wife working and having income around 70% of what i earn. lawyer mentions that the child maintenance is to be shared. but prior to that it might be required that i need to deposit some amount (x lacs) in the child's name to show the seriousness of it. not sure why that is required as if i default on the maintenance law will anyway catch me on this. any thoughts by the forum members on this. also i udnerstand that since my wife earns around 70% of what i earn i need to share equally for my son's maintenance.

Learning

3 Replies

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     30 May 2012

hi indranil,

no need to put any deposit. i never put. But from your side voluntarily try to pay a reasonable amount like lets say Rs 2 to 4 thousand depending on the child's age. This will show to the court that you have not abandoned him and will be helpful in child visitations. moreover the child is innocent - u have issues with the ablaa naari..

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     30 May 2012

i am saying the above mentioned amount to be given monthly on a voluntary basis. just to clarify from my side

stanley (Freedom)     07 June 2012

No need for deposits . You can pay monthly .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register