Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam (kjh)     26 August 2013

Inter caste marriage

Hello all,

Is there any thing i can do. My wife parents not agreeing our marriage which we did in Nov. 2012 in Arya Samaj mandir New Delhi after 4 year of our relationship because of my Caste as i belongs to Schedule caste family.

My wife trying hard to make them understand and we have told them everything about our marriage in july 2013.

Me and my wife were staying together for since February 2013 till july 2013. As i was in Kenya working there so she came to kenya in february 2013. but she never liked it there so we planed to shift back to india.. So we came back to india finally in April 2013. and now working in organisation nicely.  then we decided that we will make them agree her parents too. So she went home back. and told them everything about our marriage. But now the situation is that they are not agreeing our marriage because of my caste ( SC). and both of us are very frustrated now. As her parents blackmailing her emotionally and telling her all bad things about the caste. But she has lived with my family for 3 months but never felt so. She is with me but at the same time she doesn't want to leave her family like this because her father is continuously black mailing her emotionally and telling that he will kill him self or her family will never be agree to this marriage. He is giving her choices between me and family. My wife is so frustrated and due to that the situation getting worst day by day. He is not allowing me to meet her. If she comes to meet me then she has to make 1000s of reasons to meet me. i dont know what to do and what not. As she stuck in the situation and i dont want her to something to herself. But she is also not able to take any step as they are continuously emotionally black mailing her about there younger brother and sisters and all those society things. Also i have told them that i can live separately somewhere else and they know she is also not happy right now with all the situation.

My Mistake: I did a mistake as being so advance and never felt all those caste things. So i never told my wife also about caste and according to her it doesn't matter to her also. I recently told her about it. and she is shocked actually but still has no problem. But now she trying hard to make them understand but they are giving all excuses. I dont know what to do and what not. Please guide me about it. what can be done

also we never want  her families insult in the society or anybody get to know about our marriage. but now they are planning to finish our marriage which both of us dont want. neither she is able to take any step against her father as he told her that he die..Plz help and suggest something to save our marriage.. and relation.

thanks

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     27 August 2013

1.    In such facts situations ‘wife’ should be taking your side always then such marriage works. Make them understand their daughter spent 2 months with a man in a foreign land! What more your FIL needs to know to come out of self created caste – customs barrier and also tell him Arya Samaj Marriage Certificate is legal valid document and divorce is not so easy to get so that he can get his daughter re-married after she has spent 2 months with a man! The idea here is that his daughter should be feeling happy to live with the man she married.

2.    Suggest to jointly opt for marriage counseling by a trained psychologist / marriage counselor near your ordinary residence locality found via reference.

3.  Try reasoning out all above and if all above fails then check your wife out to come to Court and seek a protection order from Court so that under protection Order from Court both of you can live like married couples and her family cannot interfere when such Protection order is in place and with passage of time they will accept both of you which is what happens in similar situations at the end.

mahesh (analyst)     27 August 2013

If yoyu continue the same, you will get f**ked very soon...i dont know if your wife can compramise them or not but surely her family will compramise her.

so my first suggestion is

1) first make your wife belive nothing is going to happen to his father or family members.

2) try to keep your wife most of the times by your side and be nearer to her always.

3) if he father is not allowing you to meet her , what are you doing...did you go to see director to tell your scriptt . She is your wife man damit...just go and sit in his house, and live along with them untill he allows you.

Gautam (kjh)     28 August 2013

Thank you very much for you responses and really appreciate your responses.. Well let me elaborate more about it.

Well when my went to her father's house on 2nd july 2013 since then they have make her realize that she has very bad. She is living in a guilt that she has spoiling her families and sibling's life. And black-mailing her emotionally. her sisters/mother cry all the time in front of her that you shouldn't have done this and all sh*t. But from my side there is nobody to tell her anything or to make her understand. They are playing very smart as she always tells me that I have done so bad with them but my father never told me anything, I mean never scolded or shouted on her. they are just doing that. so she is going with the circumstances. As her whole family start crying in front of her and as her father is not well physically. So her mother always tells the same thing that please wait for the right time or so..and thats what she tells me always that wait for sometime we will get marry with their wishes in november or december.  but till then they will change all her mind and all and will spoil both of ours life. 

If i tell my wife something she just talks to me according to her family and use their words. But she is not understanding that with this we are going to spoil our life. and nobody can help then.

Her mother always try to scared me that her uncle is not good man and he can do anything with anyone of you if he got to know about my caste (SC)or something. He will kill my wife and you and will never let you get married. All those sh*t you can understand. 

Actually I am alone here in this situation and nobody is helping to make her understand. If i tell my wife something then she just tells me that please understand me and all emotional sh*t of her family. 

I am stucked here. I am feeling helpless and sometime feels to suicide but not getting solution for this. she is just not able to go against her family right now coz of the way they are black mailing her( her father will die/ nobody will marry your sisters/brother etc.). They even believe that we never had physical relationship with each other after getting marriage. Also we went for honeymoon just after our marriage to Vaishno Devi and Patni top in jammu. I have all the pics everything

Please suggest something i cannot afford to leave my life and i love her extremely after being in relationship for 4 years you can understand what i am feeling for her and she was just 21yrs old when we met and now she is 25yrs old. And we would be celebrating our 1st marriage anniversary on 24th November 2013. Please help somebody.

Also would like to inform that she has stayed with me from March 2013 to July 2013 in Kenya and Delhi at my sister's place.  Now her father forcing her to go to Nepal with his father just to change the weather and all for her they are trying to convence her. As they belongs to Nepal but now settled in Delhi and has Govt. Job And when she was staying with me here in india or kenya, she used to live like married woman. Used to wear sindur, managlsutra, Chuda etc.. all those things which normal married woman does. also here in my family when we came back from kenya everybody know about our marriage. whole my family knows that and she used live in the same way. but since then she has gone there at her house.. her family doesnt allow her to follow anything niether they want us to meet not even talk over the phone independently. she talks to me when her father is not at home or when nobody at home. 

prashant (team manager)     28 August 2013

hi i want to know the rewards for intercaste marraige govt is gifting, what is the process and what document required 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 August 2013

please be precise whether you have differences between you tgwo?

Differences between both of us as an what sir. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register