Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

francis (support)     04 October 2010

interim maintenance job verification

Dear guru's,

Presently I am working in an MNC company (IBM company bangalore-  salary is 1,10,000 per month ).

But my wife  was not believing on my salary slip which I had produced court .So she had  filed an IA requesting the court for background  investigation to my company IBM for salary slip.

>My question is if the court sends the request to  my company will IBM gives the exact salary slip.????

>How much time it will take for the job verification process to complete ?????

>How much of interim maintenance I has to pay if it proves that my salary is 1,10,000 above????

kindly  help.

Learning

6 Replies

M. A. Khan (advocate)     04 October 2010

The quantum of maintenance will be depending upon the status of ur wife.  if  grounds of maintenance are frivolous and ur wife is self depend, than it may also be rejected.  Once court notice goes, ur company will have to correct figure.

Jamai Of Law (propra)     05 October 2010

Whole discussion above suggests that...............

Now even though the wife may not have the merits to asks for an inteerim maintenance (she being employed etc etc), ...........................

husband may get slapped with maint b'cos he probably approached the court with unclean hands .................................and hence his defence is liable to get truck off b'cos of this trivial mistake.

Interim maint is different than alimony and had a different objectives.

Wife is entitled for the 'same' standard of living if and only if apparently she hasn't walked out prima facie and there hasn't been any efforts of reconciliation by husband for her to come back and during councelling (Hence it is not a blanket sanction

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     02 January 2011

Your company will provide the salary slip in due course of time. You kindly verify salary and other income of your wife and also jot down reasons of her leaving you, her cruel behaviour, any affair, adamant nature etc. etc.

Your efforts for re-conciliation through relatives and friends, pre-litigation mediation etc.

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     02 January 2011

Normally courts give upto 1/5 of your net take home salary minus your geniune expenses and in 2-3 cases upto 1/3 has been given.

I have recently posted on judgement in which courts have not allowed even a single penny as she was earning 19,000 per month and husband was earning 65,000 per month and court clearly mentioned in its order that there is no way or law which suggests that income of both should be equal.

Please read that judgement.

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     02 January 2011

did u forge the pay slip?

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 January 2011

Originally posted by :Avnish Kaur
"
did u forge the pay slip?
"

@ Avnish

That is a good infrence you draw in authors query ha ha

I also feel something smelling out here !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register