Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed Raffic N   09 August 2024

Knowing a medical bill from a private hospital

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Myself and my wife have got separated for around 8 years and my daughter was living with her.I have filed GWOP in family court to take care all the expenses concerned to my daughter. One day my counsel informed that my daughter got admitted in hospital due to severe health issues and after knowing that I rushed to the hospital and finally i saw my daughter in dead state only.I cane to know that my daughter has been admitted in hospital 5 days before the day i received information about her illness.Now my wife side they are demanding 6 lakhs stating that they have spent for my daughter medical treatment.But they didn't submit any of the bills or medical records till now.How to get the medical bill details from that private hospital as they will not submit the same inorder to drag the case for years.

Any options to collect the medical bill details through RTI.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2024

You can refuse to pay the bills at this stage especially when the mother did not bother to inform you about the critical  illness of your daughter.

There is no necessity for you to deand the medical bills now itself because you are denying to pay any amount as your wife was the one who was taking care of the child till her death and she was challenging your GWOP case also vehemently.

Thus you can argue that she has to undertake the responsibility 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     10 August 2024

I concur the analyses, opinion and advise of Senior expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan, it is responsibility of your wife to obtain and pay hospital bills.

However, file RTI application to supply all records of hospitalisation of your daughter, if hospital has refused to oblige.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register