LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neenu   04 July 2024

Land registration

My grandfather didn't gave his property for my father and his brothers.But my grandmother wrote her property for my father during 2014.But we didn't change it to my fathers name but now when we reached out to village officer to convert it to my fathers name ,one of his brother raise a allegation saying it might be fake signature.How can we solve this issue ?Also village officer is a corrupted man.Any suggestion or steps I can take.My grandmother signed her willpapers in front of registrar.But still how can village officer not convert to under my father name?Please help!

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     04 July 2024

Show the will executed by your grandmother to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation, proper analyses and professional advise.

Get the will probated, if your facts mentioned therein the query are proper. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 July 2024

Your grandmother had no rights over the entire property of your deceased grandfather. 

If at all there is a valid Will existing,  it will be limited to her share in the property alone.

The village revenue officer has no power to transfer her share to your father's name. 

If the Will has come to be enforceable you may file a probate petition before a court competent and get an order instead of directly fighting with the siblings of your father. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 July 2024

What do you mean by "My grandfather didn't gave his property for my father and his brothers"? Is it that your grandfather did not execute/write a Will before his demise? if so, all the legal heirs (the wife and the children) would inherit the property.

What do you mean by "But my grandmother wrote her property for my father during 2014"? Is it that she wrote a Will? If so, she caanot give the entire property, but only her share in the grandafther's property and her self-earned property, If any.

Moreover, a Will comes into effect only after the lifetime of the grandmother, not when she is alive.

Please post the complete facts in simple language.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register