LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajit kumar nair   24 August 2017

Late rent by tenant

Dear Sir, I have rented my 2bhk flat to a tenant last one year.In the beginning the first two months he gave me cheques for rent payment but both cheques got bounced.Then he told me that I will do rtgs so the money will come to your account immediately.But here also he never sends the money on time as agreed by 10th of every month.Every month I have to keep on calling him on phone and tell him to send the money as soon as possible.But when I call him he tells me that I will send the money in a day or two and sorry for the inconvenience.He never calls me instead I have to call him one week after 10th of every month ,but then he does not pick up the phone and after 2-3 hours sends me a message that I am not in town and some other excuses.But now he has made a practice of giving such false excuses and every month he is sending the money around 27-28 of the month which is very late according to my leave and licence agreement.When there is a stretch of holidays coming on the calendar, the day before holidays start he gives me a message stating that he is doing rtgs and money will come to my account next day but next day when I say that money is not come he says that it is bank holiday that is the reason and some other false excuses to delay.Please guide me as to what to do so that without fail he gives me the rent on time every month on 10th and everything goes on smoothly.Now last month July 31st my old leave and licence agreement is expired and I could not renew it as I was busy with some important work in my native place. Now I have to renew my agreement with him but the worry is that the person is good but rent is not coming on time.Sir,Please give me your valuable advice.Thanks

Learning

1 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     24 August 2017

Late payment of rent is not a ground for eviction. You can send him notice for being late in making payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register