Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh Narayan.S (CA Articles Assistant)     07 August 2010

Legal help required..Urgent

Dear All,

I had bought a mobile 3110c in 2nd August 2009. Two months from the date of purchase the mobile started showing problems like switching off never to get on, music player not working and not getting connected to the PC. I was given a software upgrade by an authorized Nokia priority dealer. But after that also the mobile has not been functioning properly. The same problem has been happening always. I have got my mobile repaired six times in the past one year. An average of 2 times every month. I have been asking for a replacement every time. The customer service centre has been telling me that they will send it to their Delhi HO for replacement but every time gives me the same mobile repaired which again goes non-functional.

Please advice me as to what can be done for getting a replacement or getting the cost of the mobile. I am put to great inconvenience since each time I give for repair I end up without mobile for one to two weeks. It affects my career badly. I need some legal help in this.

Please help me out..Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     07 August 2010

Dear Author,

Do u have receipts whenevr  repaired the mobile? If yes then u can move to the consumer court and make a complaint.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     07 August 2010

https://www.fcamin.nic.in/index.asp. Lodge a complaint to the Department of Consumer Affairs which provides quick relief on simple matters like this. click the above link and to consumer complaints and lodge your complaint.vasudevan

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.9271971251.,9960223100

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING THE MATTER KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.YOU MAY FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE  DIST CONSUMER COURT ENCLOSING ALL COPIES OF PURCHASE INVOICE,CASH PAYMENT RECEIPTS AND WARRANTY CARD IF ANY AND ALSO REPAIR PROOF.YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE DEALER AND THE MANUFACTURER,AND AREA DISTRIBUTOR AS THE PARTY RESPONDENT TO THE COMPLAINT.MENTION ALL FACTS WITH SUPPORTING AFFIDAVIT AND ENCLOSE LIST OF DOCUMENTS .MAKE APPROPRIATE PRAYERS OF REPLACEMENT AND COST AND COMPENSATION.

2 COURT WILL ISSUE NOTICE TO THE OTHER SIDE AND THE MOMENT THE OTHER SIDE APPEARS YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED.

YOU MAY WRITE OR CALL AND SEND DETAILS WILL HELP YOU.

THANKS.

V.T.Venkataram (Advocate and Consumer Activist)     09 August 2010

I agree with  Mr. Nandakumar B.Sawant 

Om Prakash Dhusia (HR assistant)     02 May 2011

Kindly do not send any application to this site https://www.fcamin.nic.in/index.asp, you will never receive any response.I have experienced myself while submitting application online and after complete 18 months I have yet to get any information.

Kindly do it in the respective Consumer's Forums of area of purchase of mobile, if you have all the necessary documents/receipts as Ms. Rakhi & Mr.Nand Kumar have opined but  remember the fact that no advocate would help you ilke a charitable trust.

Regards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register