LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Kumar (Senior Analyst)     15 March 2015

Lok adalat schedule for mts non-patment bills

Could anyone please help me what I should do....?? I have taken MTS 3G data card last year which speed upto 9.8 mbps. After 6 month speed was 10 kbps...I raise request to MTS customer care....but I did not get any call from MTS end instead I called again and again them to resolve the speed issue. But there is no action taken by MTS. it went for more than 40 days. After month close they generated bill for which was around INR 1008....I refuse to pay since I did not get what I should be served....they sent SMS,  email, and call for repayment...I clearly said them that I did not received service and speed for more than a month also the request I raised was not resolved...so not to repay the bill amount...now they sent me message stating "Lok Adalat is schedule on 24-Mar-2015". Message address is from YT-MTSSER.

Now I am in Odisha...returning chennai on 31-Mar-2015. Is it really a Legal notice or false call....if yes then what would be the result for not attending Lok Adalat?

Kindly advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 March 2015

No, it is not legal notice but to settle the issue "Out of Court"

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2015

It is not a legal notice but an opportunity to settle the matter amicably, however since the amount is just meager, just do not bother about it, the same can be solved at a later stage too after confirming your clarifications from the company.

Kiran   24 November 2015

Hello Dinesh,

Even I have experienced the same thing with MTS. 2 days back, Received an SMS from  YT-MTSSER for Lok adalat. It would be great helpful if you can suggest how you resolved the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Udhaya   17 March 2016

I have also same problem what can i do belo words that mail contains it is original notice or fake notice?? I need to appear on cort or not??

Whereas, the above dispute is referred to the LOK ADALAT under Section 20[ii] of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.The said dispute is being taken up for consideration before the Lok Adalat being organised by this Authority on 24-Mar-2016 at 10.30 AM in the TAMIL NADU STATE LEGAL SERVICES AUTHORITY, HIGH COURT CAMPUS, NORTH FORT ROAD, CHENNAI – 600 104.

Kindly clear the Outstanding amount Rs.857/- ON OR BEFORE LOK ADALAT on 24-Mar-2016.  To avoid your appearance in Lok Adalat. Otherwise attend Lok Adalat and settle the matter to avoid further Legal proceeding .   

For any clarification in this regards, you may contact Prabhu. Mobile No. 9150000931.

This is an auto-generated email and reply to this mail id is not monitored.

Wasim (-)     15 May 2017

did anything happend to you on this? i have same issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register