LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Uma Maheswari (homemaker)     13 August 2012

Maintainence and child custody

married in 2002.  went through immense emotional abuse from him.

lately i had used some money of his.  now he calls me a cheat adn criminal.  2 daughters aged 9 and 3.  what happens if i initiate divorce.

Learning

2 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     13 August 2012

dear querist,

you can get alimony and maintenance from your husband for youself and daughters,this is your right and his duty to maintain you.after divorce the smallest daughter will remain with you as children of less then 5 years are always remained with thye mother and 9 year daughters custody you can get thru the court.feel free to call.

sahil (Business)     14 August 2012

Hello,

I had my concent divorse in the Family Court mumbai on July 12; also I have a 4 yrs old child whose custody is with my wife; how can I apply for the custody of child again as she is not able to take care of my child; also she will start working very soon thus there would be no one to take care of my child; she is planning to keep a nun to take care of my child which I think is unacceptable for me as at my place i have my mom and dad who can take good care of my child.

Request you to suggest me the better option for which i can get the custody of my child; as currently I have only visitation rights.

Also they are not taking any maintenance from me for the child; though the divorse was of mutual consent but the truth was that my wife had an extra marital affair with another man & only to avoid getting into all trouble she has given me a mutual consent divorse.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register