LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharat prad (manager)     08 December 2013

Maintenance for mother and father who are sick & bedridden

My name Bharat, the youngest of the family.we are 2 elder sisters and 2 brothers including me, at present my dad is totally bedridden due to paralysis attack and mom has recently had her open heart surgery.the scene is I don't live with my parents since 2002 afte my love marriage as they opposed to it and live on rented house.the elder sister is married & still lives in parents house since marriage even though she has her own house, second sister is unmarried so lives with parents, elder brother is married and lives in parents house with family and kids. Now the scene is none of these persons are taking care of parents where expenses is concerned like medicines, hospital bills, doctor fees,their clothes and maintenance etc. Now the problem is even after me not staying in parents house these all people expect me to take all responsibilities and pay for all the expenses. I paid all the hospital bills when dad was hospitalised and paid for all hospital expenses when mother had heart surgery done.and am still paying for medicines for both the parents till date.its becoming very difficult to bear all expenses alone where I have a sick wife my self and raise a child. All the sisters and brother want share in the family house but don't want to care for parents.so pls help me and let me no if there is any law for this where everybody shares the responsibilities.as I cannot see and leave the parents to die in this situation and myself alone. It will be of great help if you show me the right way to sort out this situation .

Learning

1 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     08 December 2013

Govt of India passed THE MAINTENANCE AND WELFARE OF PARENTS AND SENIOR CITIZENS ACT, 2007. Your parents can claim maintenance from their children under the Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register